Happy Friday my friends! I feel like a broken record when I say that life is crazy and we’re in the middle of a storm every week- but it’s true! Around Tuesday, I felt like I was in the middle of a cyclone! Yup, one of those! Do you know what I’m talking about- the days where you feel like you’re just spinning and getting tossed about and wondering where you’re going to land? Well, that’s me over here – or over there, WHO KNOWS?! HA! Anyway, I intend to forget about the cyclone this weekend and soak in my time with Kiki. Originally we had no plans, just kind of go with the flow, but last night she announced her plans for us and a few things came up…so we will be doing some BBQ with friends, a little bit of shopping [Kiki needs new shoes. I feel like she needs new shoes every other week, she’s worse than me, but she keeps growing them out] a movie party and hopefully practicing our swimming skills. What are you all up to this weekend?
A little round up of the “interesting” things I’ve come across this week and thought I’d share….
1. I am beyond intrigued by this man!!!! To hear him speak in person only once…that’s all I want!
2. Recently someone asked me about my political orientation…and I had to quote Elon… “I’m somewhere in the middle, socially liberal and fiscally conservative.”
3. Six things the most productive people do every day. “Winging it” isn’t one of them.
4. Ten tricks to appear smarter in meetings…oh yes, I am funny!
5. Patience is not my virtue…and now there is a proof that I am just efficient!
6. I never felt guilty about choosing to work…then again, I don’t feel guilty about much at all.
7. Sure, I live where others vacation, but I am in a desperate need of a beach vacation.
8. A good read and reminder that this is what happens when you sloooow down.
9. Moms, this one is for you!
10. This recipe combines two of my favorite things – Brussels sprouts and marcona almonds. (Random, I know. But I love them both.)
11. She’s just like us! Even Ina gets nervous 15 minutes before a party. These are her best party tips.
12. It’s time to pass the whisk with great tips of how to get your mini-me to help cook in the kitchen.