This weekend was just all over the map…neither Kiki nor I nor the Sous-Chef felt our 100%, so Sunday was spent nursing a fever, lost voice, lots of coughing and an exhaustion. Hopefully we are all on our way to a better health with only a week away from Christmas, as our holiday to-do list is still a mile long.
I am also slightly panicking over gift shopping, anyone else feeling the same? I’m still missing a few essentials, two birthday gifts, and some stocking stuffers, mailing Christmas cards, and then the wrapping…always down to the wire! No wonder everything always feels so hurried and holidays pass in a blur. I promised myself this year I would slow down and savor the moment…I think there is still time, especially because I will be on staycation starting this Friday!!! Now that is something to truly look forward to! and my best friend from Portland arrives on Christmas Eve!!! I am ready!
Kiki did not have much of an appetite [can’t say the same for myself] this weekend, but she did ask me to make her “Mama’s Banana Bread with Little Healthy Things” – the little healthy things are chia and flax seeds! Luckily there are always one or two bananas in our fridge that are just perfect for banana bread muffins, so I whipped up a batch and with the assistance of the Elf on the Shelf Elsa, we decorated the muffins to surprise Lexi on Monday morning! I must say, Elf on the Shelf morning surprises are by far her favorite…our Elf has been quite creative in her endeavors this years!!!
Mama’s Banana Bread with Little Healthy Things
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon of chia seeds and flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray loaf pan with cooking spray
- Combine whole wheat flour through salt in a bowl and set aside
- Mix remaining ingredients together until batter is relatively smooth with a few lumps from the mashed bananas
- Slowly mix flour mixture into banana mixture
- Once batter is fully mixed, pour into the muffin tin and bake for approximately 35 minutes
We did manage to make a weekly menu even though I am not quite sure what this week will look like yet, but I am sharing our menu as a guide we have for this week. Hope your week is full of joy, good eats and laughter!
Sunday: Crescent Breakfast Ring for Dinner
Monday: Sausages, Brussel Sprouts and Pasta
Tuesday: Best Detox Grilled Chopped Salad
Wednesday: Holiday dinner with friends
Thursday: Farmer’s Beans and Pasta
Friday: Momma’s night out!!!!